Secure Your Facebook Account from Hackers
Facebook users are having problems with their accounts getting hacked and people posting things through there account that they do not want there. Once your account gets hacked it is a major pain and it can be impossible to get your account back to normal. Here are 10 ways that you can greatly reduce the chances of your having your facebook account hacked.
1. Change your password regularly. At least once every two months is a good idea. Make sure your password is also secure and not a word that someone could easily guess.
2. Avoid joining groups such as Facebook will be charging $3.99 by July 1010, or get a colored profile, or the dislike button on Facebook. Facebook will not be charging ever and these other changes are not coming to Facebook. Furthermore, these groups are full of viruses that can cause your account to get hacked into, if you join them.
3. Login and check your Facebook profile and account at least once a week. Many of the accounts that are getting hacked are accounts that people are not using on a regular basis.
4. Be careful who you add as a friend on Facebook.While it is perfectly fine to add friends you do not know personally, you should still take a few minutes to look over the profile of any potential friend before adding them. You should be extra careful when adding anyone from outside of North America or Europe. Many of the viruses are coming from accounts in Africa, India, and Indonesia as well as other foreign countries.
5. Avoid playing all of the games and adding all of the cards and other applications that clog up facebook and leave your account more open to hacking. While many of the applications are fine, there are many that also have viruses in them.
6. Do not click on links in any facebook messages that contain only a link to a video or a photo since many of these also have viruses.
7. When you are tagged in a photo or video, be careful when viewing it. Many of these show up in your account and are transmitted by or through an application with a virus.
8. Notify facebook immediately if you believe your account has been hacked.
9. If you see signs that one of your friends’ account has been hacked send them a message or otherwise let them know but do not visit their profile until you are sure it is safe, since doing so can transmit the virus to your account.
10. Use up to date virus software on your computer.